About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

post Christmas

hey look- two days in a row. I know how proud you all are.

So yesterday my husband asked me, "So how long are we going to keep the tree up?"

This is a debate we have every year. It's my job to take the decorations and lights down and personally, I like it up. I still turn the lights on at night. It's festive and pretty and even if it isn't Christmas anymore- it still makes me feel good to have it up a little while longer.

So how long is too long??

Good sense tells me after the first of the year I can take it down and feel like it's been properly enjoyed. Last year, I want to say it stayed up until February but I could be wrong. I think I will leave it up until maybe the week of the 4th. Definitely before I leave for Boston on the 14th.

Yes, Boston... in January. Do I have clothes for that?? um noooooooo. I have a few scarves- and I have gloves, somewhere. a few pairs of gloves... somewhere. A coat? yeah, no coat. Do I have long underwear? no.
boots? no.
a hat? well, I don't do hats- my hair does not accommodate a hat, so I'll figure that out.

I was at Walmart the other day and I saw those little hand warmer things you can put in your pockets. I think I'm going to buy some to tuck in my bra.



No comments: