About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Letting it Go

Sometimes I can't deny the signs from my Higher Power. For weeks I have been struggling with the decision about my apartment. Should I move out and therefore force my husband to move out. Should I stay and not uproot my boys- and let them transition a little easier with thier father moving out- assuming he actually DOES move out as planned and promised... My apartment is a pit, by the way. Leaks and power trouble and old appliances....

Last night a ceiling tile covering the air conditioning came crashing down in my hallway. Broken ceiling tile and water everywhere. The maintenance people are idiots- having still not fixed a hole in the bathroom wall that has been there and I've been calling about for over a month now.

I think that is my Higher Power telling me that I should just move. It's time to go. Bite the bullet, put up the cash and move out. I was standing still and waiting for a sign. I think I got one....

Now I have been practicing this "wait for a sign" technique in regards to many things. Of course when I GET that sign, like hundreds and thousands of dollars disappearing, I still don't listen. Case in point, my life right now. So perhaps if I actually LISTEN to the signs, DO what my gut is telling me that I should do, perhaps changes will follow.

No comments: