About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

cause I'm a cowboy....

I went out for drinks and dinner with a friend of mine. This guy is an old friend from HS that I kissed at graduation but over the years we connected on MySpace, then again on FB, and at the HS reunion. Great guy. Hot guy.

We just drank and at and laughed and threw out all sort of sexual innuendo. It was fun. I needed it. Depression is hitting me hard. The end of my marriage has me feeling a bit more out of sorts than I was expecting- and my current relationship is hitting some uncharted waters. So life feels a bit heavy and my arms are pretty tired lately.

The best part of the night was when my friend decided to get up and sing Karaoke. It was a pretty dead night and the Karaoke DJ was doing his best to try to 'pump up the crowd'. I've been to this restaurant on Karaoke night before. Years before with my SIL and it was a really fun place. The DJ now is kind of 'wedding singer' cheesy- I miss the days when the sexy girl with the Russian name sang for us.

So my friend gets up there to sing some Bon Jovi and I gotta tell ya, he's singing like a rock star- until the chorus comes up. And he goes into it- with gusto and conviction. but wait, whats that... I see it- just to the right. The DJ- he's stepping up- he's raising the mic... oh nooo... don't do it...

"waaaaanted...."

he did it.

OMG- he's standing in as Richie Sambora!!! He's singing backup Karaoke!! I almost pee'd. Partially because of the hilarity, but because the look on my friends face. It was as if someone came up and pinched his ass as they walked by. It was a BonJovi WIN.

So DJ Sambora continued the sing backup with my friend while I eyeballed him like a slutty groupy. It ruled.

Great night.

No comments: