About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, January 02, 2011

the family bed

Part of me keeps thinking that I REALLY need to break Gabriel of the habit of sleeping in my bed. Now that it's usually just me or just Michael in the bed, there's room for Gabriel and he knows it. This morning I woke on and he was curled up next to me. He was sleeping so soundly, and I reached over and stroked his newly hair-cutted head. I slept in bed with my mom for many years. I mean, I think until I moved out at 18- I would crawl in bed with her every chance I got. There's a certain comfort about it- I admit. I hate to deny Gabriel the comfort I got. Most days I really don't care though- I don't think there is any harm to it. He doesn't steal the covers anymore.

What are your thoughts??

1 comment:

Coy Pink said...

We're a total family bed family. Both of our girls still sleep in our room though now they're in their own beds. Both girls have slept with us since birth. Our youngest (4 1/2) just moved into her own bed (a bunk bed in our room) a few weeks ago. Both girls are welcome to come snuggle with us any time. I say, if it works for your family, keep doing it! The day will come soon enough when they won't want to sleep with us and/or they're on their own and it's no longer an option. Cherish this time!