About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, June 15, 2009

IDK, IDC and IDTS!!!!

I had an argument with my husband today. Why?

He keeps calling me.

*in my best Julia Roberts a la Pretty Woman voice*...Stop callin me!!!

If he's got something to say, like if something is really wrong. Did he fall? Is he bleeding? Do the kids need a cast??
No...

We need bread.

Really? For bread, you make a phone call??

Seriously dude. Text me.

I got him a Blackberry for FatherDay. I am paying an extra $30 a month for him to be able to reach my via text, Blackberry Messenger, and Yahoo Messenger. He can even email me.

Instead. He calls.
sigh....

Later I was at the store. Talking to my BFF on the phone. She is the only person I know who doesn't have a cell phone. Her daughters have cell phones, I have sent texts to her daughters to get fast messages to her. Messages that don't require a phone call. So he called again but I didn't pick up. I sent him a Blackberry Message asking him if we needed anything else at the store. (I can do that WHILE I talk on the phone) He never answered so I figured it was fine, I shopped and left.

When I left the store, I wrapped up my phone call and listened to his voice mail. "Hey we need milk."

WHAT????

So I loaded the groceries in my car, and I went BACK in. Not before I called him. "Why didn't you message me back?"

"What?? I didn't get your text."

"Ok, I didn't buy you this phone and pay for the service for you NOT to check your damn messages!!!"

He told me I was wiggin. I DO NOT WIG.
I was irritated and you know, we don't need to have a phone call for EVERYTHING. You can text me- I'd prefer that you text me.

"Are you kidding me? You're rather that I TEXT you?"

And while maybe my answer was ridiculous, I answered truthfully. "Yes."

I could hear him shaking his head.

whatever....

just. text. me.

Look, I'm not saying that I never want to talk on the phone. I mean, I LOVE to talk on the phone. However, if you CAN say it in 160 characters or less... why not do just that?

srsly. kthnksbi.



No comments: