About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

goodbye, dear friend

I don't know how to write my feelings. I don't know how to express anything right now.
My friend, one of my best friends, has died and I feel that part of me has died with her.

It feel empty and sad and beside myself. I got a message on Tuesday night that she had taken a turn. This morning I got a call around 9AM with the news that she had passed this morning. I am grateful that I went to see her last night. I am grateful that I got to say goodbye. She knew I was there, and while I could not understand the final words she spoke to me, I know what she said.

I am mostly grateful for the friendship I was fortunate enough to share with her for the past 10 years.

As the days pass I know will talk more about it. I am flooded with memories of her and I just can't believe that she's gone.


2 comments:

13messages said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm happy that you got to say goodbye to her.

Coy Pink said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. But how wonderful that you got a last goodbye. You know that she knew you loved her.