About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

sweep THIS!!!

I got a parking ticket yesterday. Reason: Street Sweeper.

Ummmm what?

I've lived in the same complex for almost 7 years now. People park on that side of the street, for days and days. There is no sign. There is no sweepers. Ok- wait, I HAVE seen sweepers, but there is no "No Parking on X day from Y to Z time for street cleaning." The sweeper will weave around and clean certain open parts of the curb. That whole block is extra parking for the people who live in my complex. So you know, Mr. Officer, you are going to have to suck a big dick on that one.

The comment: Saw sweeper come around

What the fuck?

I don't live in the backwoods where seeing a street sweeper vehicle is unheard of. So Mr Officer, you SAW a sweeper, and my car- and decided I was in violation of my car being in the same presence as a sweeper. Is that it? Is my Mini-Van not good enough to share the same BLOCK with a sweeper? Can you find more ways to fuck me up the ass? I mean, you had ALREADY written up a violation for my expired registration, which is really not expired, I just need a smog check, by the way. Hey, I won't argue THAT- but don't think I DON'T know how he giggled while he tucked the SECOND ticket under my windshield knowing that it (this completely bogus piece of shit violation) would completely fuck up my day.

However, I am a law abiding and/or consequence accepting citizen and I will deal with the registration/ smog check issue and or just pay the fine if my 'almost registered' status is not enough. No sweat.

The street sweeping violation, however, is bullshit.
Thanks for playing, dick!



2 comments:

BTExpress said...

That sucks, but it looks like they got ya on this one. Must have been quota time.

Old Bogus said...

Will it cost you something to contest the ticket? Or is it simpler/les expensive to plead and pay?