About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gratitude List

and it's really not that I haven't been grateful- I've just been busy!!

Happy Thanksgiving.

But I am grateful for a great many things right now. And in true Thanksgiving fashion- I will make a gratitude list:

  • I'm grateful that while I'm seriously broke, I have just enough.
  • I'm grateful that I feel like my life has some direction right now. The path is blurry and hidden within the trees, but it's there.
  • I'm always grateful for another day that my husband doesn't drink
  • I'm grateful that my children are healthy
  • I'm grateful for my family, who is always just a phone call away
  • I'm grateful for new friends, old friends and 'special' friends.
  • I'm grateful for my parents. I really don't know WHAT I'd do without them and I hate knowing that someday I will have to find out.
  • I'm grateful that while I lost my best friend this year, I also learned a very important lesson:
Life is short. It's not always pretty and it's rarely easy. I made Christine a promise in those last moments I spent with her, that I would not waste my life trapped in a life I didn't want. I promised her that I would take care of myself and my sons. I would live and love and trust people because while there are some that are bad- believing the best in people is what will save my soul. And sometimes believing the best, is what brings out the best. She believed the best in me.

Sometimes all you need is someone to believe in you to make all the difference. I'm grateful for the people who believe in me.





3 comments:

Beth said...

I believe in you, sister. You deserve the best of everything and I want you to believe it and go out and get it.

XOXO

carrie said...

I love you Julie. I believe in you.

Joanna Cake said...

From one attention whore to another, I believe in you too. If you're writing it down, you're one step closer to being able to do it.

Life is too short and being with people who believe in you makes living it a whole lot more satisfying.