About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Quick morning pick me up

I came home from work last night to a disaster of a house. I'm overwhelmed with the mess again. Somehow I need to get control of this mess, because obviously nobody else is going to. I could go on and on about how I am the working person in this marriage, and I should not HAVE to be the house cleaner too. It's not like M never does it, but the house is clean, in between disasters. At 34, I have no plan on how to keep the house clean. It's something I'm SO bad at, and I know that I've talked about it here before.

I left for class and thought about it and wrote down a cleaning plan. Surely people do not clean the entire house daily... there are zones, right?? When I came home I went to this website that I had come across in the past. Flylady I took some tips from there also.

Last night I cleaned the kitchen. Every dish, fork, and pan is clean. My sink is shiny and my counters are smooth. It took 2 hours, but I was also occasionally interuppted by the boys. This morning when I got up- I made my way to the kitchen- and it was SO CLEAN!!!!!

It felt so good and I am so proud of myself for doing it.

Today's Gratitude List:
1. Even though the babies were up late last night, they were in pretty decent moods and I did not have to be frustrated when I put them in bed.
2. That my kitchen is so clean that there is really only SO much mess that one person (who will probably not get out of bed much today) can do to mess it up.
3. That I have enough money in the bank that it is not going to hurt me to go without my child support check this month.
4. That my friends continue to take my calls even though I know that I am making them crazy.
5. That my brother is safely in New Hampshire visiting his daughters.
6. That no matter how bad yesterday was, it's over now.
7. That I have a plan tonight to clean my bathroom, and go to a meeting. I may not follow the plan, but at least I have one so I will not just be idle.
8. That I have enough Al-Anon and AA literature and speaker tapes and CD's, that if I can't get to a meeting, I can still hear the message and regain some clarity.
9. The 12 steps.

I am ending with that one, cause that's my Amen.

1 comment:

Scott M. Frey said...

How does one eat an elephant?? One bite at a time. You can apply our "one day at a time" principle to cleaning too... Just remember, it's only stuff and as much as it bothers us, it's not necessary to get too worked up over it, even though we do. Hang in there Jules!