About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

10 years in prison for getting a blow job!!

Lately I have been just baffled with this news story. The 17 year old with a promising future who is going to jail for 10 years, for getting a blow job??

Let me start with the latter story, because you know...I watched the news. I saw the video. That boy was leaning BACK on the bed with his hands behind him, while that girl was doin her thing, or really- HIS thing, and the things of 4 other boys too. How can anyone claim that it was not consentual. Yeah yeah, legal age of consent.... sure.... but you know, I was 15 once. I know what I was doing. And I consented to it.

I feel for this girl, because maybe it was the humiliation of the whole slutty thing being on tape- her going from guy to guy to guy...christ girl...to guy...sigh...to guy. But really, nobody was forcing you.

Ugh...it's disturbing, yes. But you know honey, those are your consequences. I feel for this girls' mother- who I HOPE feels bad that a kid who would have had a future, is going to come out of jail in 10 years, probably not even a shadow of the man he could have been otherwise- all because he let HER daughter suck his dick. I guess those are his consequences too. But the punishment does not come close to fitting the crime. I have no idea what the legal age of consent is in California. No clue. Based on the way the girls are dressing now a days, I would be shocked if it was 16. I had started my senior in high school when I was 16. My first 'experience' (not sex) was when I was a freshmen- you do the math. And that was 20+ years ago- I doubt that the girls have gotten less promiscuous.

Did you see the movie 13?? Yeah, scary as hell for parents, and not totally inaccurate.

I think personal responsibility has to come in to play for all parties involved. Perhaps this boy and his 4 buddies should have known it was indecent for all that to happen. Perhaps they should have more respect for women than that. They should have thought about if that 15 year old girl was thier friend, thier cousin, or thier baby sister- and someone should have said, "honey- you better go."

Perhaps the girl should have had more self respect. Who knows what she was thinking. Maybe she was drinking. I don't remember. But apparently alot of sex was going on at that party, because this same kid was acquitted on rape charges for having sex with another girl that same night. (THAT video tape made it clear that it was consentual) So apparently that was the kind of party that it WAS- so what the hell are you doing there???

Disturbing as it is at a young age. In general, it's ok if you like sex. If Madonna has taught us anything, she taught us that it's ok to want to get laid once in a while. But take responsibility for yourself. Take responsibility for your actions, your whereabouts. This girl put 5 young men in jail, and not because they tied her down and raped her- but because she made her way around the room to get to each of them- ON VIDEO TAPE, no less.

Three boys from Orange County, CA- each got 6 years for sexual assault that was also on video tape. THAT seems more worthy of a 10 year sentence.

And why do these idiots put everything on video???



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jules.

This is another good reason to keep from watching the news (for me, anyway).