About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Excuse me while I bitch this out....

Ok, so now I have actual symptoms. My joints hurt. My wrists, and fingers and ankles and knees and everything that bends...hurts. I woke up this morning and my hands are swollen. My feet are a little swollen too, but it's only noticable because my shoes feel tighter.
My doctor mentioned that my white blood count was low, so I called back and asked HOW low. 2.6. The normal range is 4.5-10, so 2.6 is low.... What does that mean? who knows. It might mean nothing- it might be a fluke, I'm not a doctor and Google gives me all sorts of things. So we will see what the blood test comes back with. I don't know what she is checking for, complete blood count, and some sort of liver enzymes. Can you imagine how fucking ironic it would be for ME to have some liver disease???
This morning it hurt to wash my hair. Lifting my arms to wash my hair was painful because my fingers hurt, my wrists, elbows shoulders... all my moving parts. Not to mention that I have ALOT of hair. So you can imagine. I feel like such a little bitch for complaining about this crap. I asked my husband to help me get dressed this morning. As he was helping me clasp my bra I thought for a moment, Oh God, what if I ever get REALLY sick and I need him to take care of me?? I'll be dead for sure...

So I'm reminded of a joke...
A woman is in a coma and as she is getting bathed, the nurses notice a reaction as they are cleaning her va-jay-jay. So the doctor says to the husband, why don't you perform oral sex on her, and see what happens. So they leave the room and wait outside. Suddenly the heart monitor goes off and the woman dies. The doctor asks the husband, "what the hell happened?" and he husband replies, "I dont know...I guess she choked."

At least I still have my sense of humor....

2 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

Jules, you have a good attitude... finding humor in all this stuff. I am praying for your health and happiness... hang in there, and let us know how you're doing! Sorry you're having such a bad time right now!

Sideways Chica said...

Low white blood cells means infection I believe. Having said that...I love that joke. Good to know you still have your humor bone intact.

Ciao chica...fell better soon!

BTW, ask the doctor what your SED rate is. Should be range of 3 - 21. I think for women, anything higher also indicates infection somewhere. No I'm not a doc, but I have had to nurse my boys, husband and myself back to health plenty through the years.