About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'm grateful for Maxwell House....

I thought to post a gratitude list today. Just feeling that... Life doesn't suck today, so lets acknowledge that...but first- some coffee. And yours truly just made a fresh pot because it makes the nurses like me. So I walk over and pour myself a wonderful cup of life giving caffiene... and there is no creamer. None. No creamer, or "nada" as the Sodexo gal tells me. Milk? We look in the little fridge, "nada". So I make a trip to the basement and get some creamer from the cafeteria. I don't know if getting creamer, but no coffee constitutes as stealing, I certainly hope not. I should have gotten some extra creamer, because my boss is going to want coffee when she gets here- but I think she might be ok without creamer, or hopefully by the time she gets here- they will have replenished the coffee station..

Ok, so my gratitude list is going to have to be short because I spent 15 minutes getting creamer for my coffee....but it's a well spent 15 minutes and without it, I become psycho/machete girl and people don't like her.

So here's what I am grateful for right now, and you know, it's the simple things in life that make my life worth getting out of bed at all....

1. My coffee is now the perfect temperature to drink.
2. My sister gave me this really awesome lipstick that does not wear off, seriously, for at least 5 hours.
3. Went out to dinner with my family last night- including my husband.
4. Husband and I are getting along pretty well lately. This morning, as I am five minutes out of bed, he stopped me in the hall way and hugged me for a what seemed like quite a long time, and I didn't hate it.
5. My kids are healthy and only minimally scarred by having me as a mom.
6. My brother will be out of Iraq for two weeks in a month. I'm so excited to see him and I will be able to give him a sizeable check for the van I am buying from him.
7. I love my van.
8. I got out on Saturday night, went drinking and had a great time, and made it home safely. And while I had a bitch of a hangover, I received no guilt from husband for having some fun.
9. I love my job and I could not ask for a better boss.
10. My friends are awesome.
11. After quite a scare, it turns out that one of my friends does NOT have cancer!!!!
12. My sister burned me a copy of The Go Go's Greatest Hits, and you know...what? We really DO got the beat!!

I'm out.
-j

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty cool list.

I used to hate going to a cafe/pub with On The Wagon friends, because I would feel guilty for ordering a drink. Especially when they would then disappear for a five day drinking binge.

madameplushbottom said...

great list Jules. Gratitude is amazing. thanks for sharing. Meg

Anonymous said...

Could you be any more awesome?

I loved #4. That one really...um...yep. Yep. Liked that one!

:D