About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Old habits

Michael was discharged from the hospital tonight and he dropped off his perscriptions and picked up the boys and I came home and was studying before class. So I was going to pick up his perscriptions before I went to class and I realized that I was late. He asked me, 'do you have time to pick up the perscriptions?'- and I knew that I didnt. I knew that it would make me late for class- and therefore late for my quiz which I do NOT get extra time for.

So I said, "yeah I think so." and I got in the car and left. As I am halfway to the pharmacy I realize that I will NOT be on time, and I knew I would not be on time- and why did I agree to do this. He has a car- he could pick them up?!?!? And I was kicking myself, because I put HIS needs in front of mine. He didn't even ASK me or guilt me into doing this. He asked if I had time, and with that- I volunteered to be late to class and possibly miss my quiz. He didn't even ask me to do this RIGHT NOW, he just asked if I would have time. Had I said no, he probably would have put the kids in the car and done it. But no, I decided that I can do it- because apparently I coddle him without provocation and refuse to put my goals in thier proper place.

You know, at least I recognize it- and perhaps I will be not be so quick to put his needs before my own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you said to comment to let you know that someone is paying attention. I'm here my dear and i hope to see you this weekend.