About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Silence

I've been quiet here- and I plan to be for a little while longer. I just need some time to get refocused on what's important in my life and clean out all the white noise. Don't worry, I'll be back- I never leave for long.






This is not related to my silence, but it's important just the same:

For those of you in the know.... yes, I did know some of the men who died in the shootings at work. I knew the shooter quite well- he was a really warm and funny and sweet man. A gentleman and it's very hard, not just for me- but for all of my co-workers to see him as a murderer, although that is exactly what he did before taking his own life. I am not alone in wondering, with a heart that aches for three families, and several thousand co-workers- why? As the days pass, we hear bits and pieces from witnesses who are finally willing and able to talk about it. The story gets more and more sad, more horrific, and still the only question- why?

Events like this shake up your life in ways that you never expect, and I know that many of my co-workers feel the same way. Next week they will have the memorial services and perhaps the healing process will really begin. So many unanswered questions- and sometimes the silence is deafening.

I'll be back here soon, or you can email or call me if you need me.

3 comments:

13messages said...

I'm so sorry that this happened. So much harm done just like that. My thoughts are with you.

Old Bogus said...

We'll be here, patiently (mostly) waiting to hear from you.

Vixen said...

Such sad, tragic events that hit so close to your heart can hit you in ways you never imagined. I'm glad you are only taking a break.

Really like your new layout. And I *ADORE* that pic of you in your avatar!

xo