About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Mean Girls

"I know it may look like I was being like a bitch, but that's only because I was acting like a bitch. " ~Cady (Mean Girls, 2004)

I am not a mean girl.

Am I a bitch? Kind of. I'm high maintenance and yes, if you forget the hot sauce to go with my taco's, I will think that it's because you don't love me. I admit that.

However, I'm not a mean girl.

I have male friends, who's girlfriends and wives (and exes of both) who just say really horrible mean things. Who have no regard for the feelings of the person who is recieving the information. I am not going to confront you if you hurt my feelings. It will not make me feel better, nor will it make me a better person, or more right (or wrong) if I lash out and tell you that you are a rude egotistical bitch, or that you are a self-indulgent dilusional asshole. Even if it's true, it still hurts to be told it.

I have done enough damage, I think, to enough people to know that no good will come of me saying things that I KNOW are intentionally hurtful. Does this mean I'm a liar??
If you ask me, do these jeans make my ass look big? I may laugh, and say, "Honey it aint the jeans!" I mean, if you have a big ass- then you have a big ass.

I have a big ass.
I've been told it's quite awesome, so you know- I'm ok with your big ass. Then again, if you are stupid enough to ask ME about fashion advice, then you deserve what you get.

Anyway... yesterday in a temper tantrum- my less than beloved husband told me that he was 'sick of my shit' and that he was leaving. It really bothers me when he says things like that. I hate when he threatens to leave me.

He's lying. He's not going to. He tells me every few months that he's leaving me. He never does it. He says he's 'outta here'- and then every morning I wake up, and there he is!



Now maybe it's mean that I just said that... but I didn't say it to HIM! See how nice I am??

No comments: