About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Harsh book quotes to remember as I go thru my breakup

These things rip my heart right out, but there is no denying that they are true.

He's Just Not that Into You
by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo


He is a man made up entirely of your excuses. And the minute you stop making excuses for him, he will completely disappear from your life.

A man who wants to make a relationship work will move mountains to keep the woman he loves. If he's not calling you to tell you he loves you and wants you back, it should only be because he's showing up at your new residence to do it in person ... if he's not doing any of that, he may love you, he may miss you, but ultimately he's just not that into you. Stop taking his calls and let him know what it's like to live without you.

Don't be flattered that he misses you. He should miss you. You're deeply missable. However, he's still the same person who just broke up with you. Remember, the only reason he can miss you is because he's choosing, every day, not to be with you.

He doesn't need to be reminded that you're great.

Don't give him the chance to reject you again.

Just remember that (he) is the same person who, not long before, looked you in your beautiful face, took full stock of you and all your qualities, and told you that he was no longer in need of your company.

---

I wish I could say that I was living by these thoughts... but I'm trying to remember them when I get too far down. especially that last one.


No comments: