About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Someone from your Childhood

To PROVE that this letter writing thing is kicking something off for me, this is a portion of a REAL letter I wrote to my cousin and BFF:

Dear Lori,

How are you?? I know it's been about forever since I written, but I was thinking about how wonderful it was when we used to email back and forth. Email is such a lost art for me, now with twitter, facebook, chat and text. It's like if you can't say what you want to say in 140 characters, its not worth talking!!

But I did want to talk. I can't believe we've only facebooked since you got pregnant. That's ridiculous!! How are you feeling?? Are you terribly excited? It's a **** right? Have you picked out a name? I so wish I could come up for the baby shower!!

It's been a rough summer and I'm glad to see it go. I hope the fall will bring change to my life as I see that I have options now that I didn't used to have.

[The parents] are not going to be watching the boys as much so I guess I could move out of the area, if not out of state. I have three classes left of school- I'm so done with with it I could cry. I'm out for 19 days and then I have 24 weeks of study left. Honestly if I never have to write another paper again it will be too soon!! I have no clue what I'm going to DO with this degree and considering the option of becoming a truck stop waitress with comfortable shoes and purple earrings outside of Ontario. Seem like a pretty simple life.

The break up has me pretty reeling and feeling more broken than I have in 'I can't remember when'. It's been almost a month and I think yesterday was the first day I didn't cry. I admit to using methods that are less than healthy to cope but none of them are life threatening. So now I'm looking forward and a bit unsure what to do next. I think I've spent so many years being in relationships. Stressing out over them, trying to create one, fix one, or save one. I just need a break- but really I'm such an addict about it. Always looking for my next fix of attention. I put myself on dating sites, only to be unimpressed, annoyed or simply not committed to really keeping up communications because I am just so very sad about the end of this relationship.

So I keep thinking about that 'break' that you took. I have a clear picture in my head of going to visit you at your moms, and you were sitting out on the patio- reading when I got there. It's such a quiet peaceful picture in my mind, and I wonder if I can do that. Just take a break, no dating, to touching, no sex. Just me and my thoughts and the other usual suspects. I don't know. I realize that I have set my entire life up so that I am never REALLY alone yet I feel so alone that I'm actually uncomfortable around people. why did the relationship end? Well, in the end there is no cure for, "I just don't love you enough to see a future together." There's no fault there- as much as I wanted to take one. Taking the blame gave me an opportunity to FIX it- but he would not allow that. He isn't a bad man. I just wasn't the one for him, I guess. It happens. sigh...

So now I'm just sort of searching and reaching and trying to talk less and listen more. The answers for me have to be out there. It seems insane that I have reached THIS point in my life and I'm still such a disaster with my heart. Seems like no matter what I do, I'm still led by my heart- and that has never brought me riches, or even happiness. Tragic really.

Anyway- I hope I hear back from you. I could use the connection and I really do want to hear all about your pregnancy, your home and your life.

love,
julie

No comments: