About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Letter to a stranger

Dear Stranger,

I haven't seen you for a while. For most of the past 5 years I see you at the end of my work day. Sitting at the freeway onramp. When I had money, I always gave it to you. You were almost always there. I always made eye contact, even when I didn't have anything to give you.

Last year or so, the sign that you sometimes carried mentioned cancer.

So it makes me very sad to realize that I haven't seen you recently.

I hope that you are ok.

love,
julie

1 comment:

Steve Young said...

This hit me pretty hard, kinda knocked me off my feet.