About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Stress is for wimps....


Since I do NOT have mono- and I do not have lupus (I didn't even know she was CHECKING for lupus), I have decided that my problem is just stress. My new doctor suggested that my fever, achiness, and all out exhaustion for the past month is possibly just a result of my life.
What a cop-out.
Like 40 minutes of traffic and you never see any actual accident.
You'd think that a doctor could come up with something better than stress.... but to make it all better, my skin has started to crawl and I am itching, constantly.
No hives, no rash, just itching.
Years ago I used to break out in a rash before I came home from work, because I never knew just how drunk my husband was going to be. But once I identified what was happening, when and why, it stopped. I have this way of being able to identify my troubles away. As soon as I acknowledge that "X situation" is what is causing me so much grief, it sort of subsides. X situation no longer seems so bad and I start to feel better about it.

So ok, here I am acknowledging that I am stressed... I am willing to start feeling better any time now.

I am so pissed off and annoyed that I am so fucking tired. I cannot sit anywhere quietly for more than 15 minutes without falling asleep. My fever goes up and down all day long. Not enough to put me in bed, but enough that I can FEEL by body temperature rising.
It's like I'm ovulating ALL DAY EVERY DAY.... oh, and like there would be any point in THAT, even if I was.
My muscles ache and now I'm itching.... don't get me started on the teeth pain. I am taking Tylenol, and now benadryl around the clock.

OK, I get it.... I've got too much going on. What the hell am I supposed to do about that????

So tomorrow I'm going to the doctor again to let her take more blood. So she can figure out that there is nothing REALLY wrong with me. It's all in my head. I am overwhelmed, overtired, got it. It's not going to stop any time soon, so I may as well get used to it so I can start feeling better.

I don't have time to be stressed sick. I don't have big enough problems for that. Really, I don't. So, perhaps the way taking a pregnancy test will make you start your period, perhaps going back to the doctors for a second blood test will make me better.

1 comment:

madameplushbottom said...

OMgawd Jules I can relate to you. I have the same issue of identifying what "x" is and then the symptoms go away. I had a counselor tell me once that I was the poster child for therapy because as soon as i found out why I was doing something or what I was doing.. I stopped doing it. I think I could live on step 1 forever!

Hope you feel better. BTW my foot has been swollen for days and says and days.. got home yesterday and it wasn't swollen anymore. just when I was about to make a dr. appt. Go figure!

Take care, Meg