About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

600 calories of dinosaur shaped snacks

I decided to get involved at school. I was sitting in the Health Care Administration Student Forum, with the other people in my academic program. I have had one class with almost everyone in that room. These are my academic peers- and I don't even know most of thier names. I am the last one in to class, and usually out the door without talking to anyone.

I was hoping to go to college, get good grades, get my degree and get out. Keep my head down and my mouth shut, don't get involved. I am too old to benefit from the college experience. And while I believe that it many ways that is true- I realized that I am denying myself good opportunity by not getting involved. So perhaps I will join the Student Forum next week. Maybe volunteer for some of the charity stuff that they are doing. I joined the Leadership Academy tonight, which seems to be a series of 'training/enrichment" seminars that will help you in your career. I signed up for 4 of the 8 seminars I need to take to complete the whole thing. It will look good on my Graduate School application and the seminars are things like "Creating Vision" and "Multiculturalism" and stuff like that so I'm sure I will learn. Also I get to wear some fancy thing at Graduation. And I like fancy things.

So I am trying to be positive about it and not change my mind. I feel a wreck tonight however. I just ate a box of fruit snacks. It's the only thing sweet in the house. A whole box. That's like 60 fruit snacks. That's way too many fruit snacks!! And for all I was hoping it would do to me, with my "Eat til it stops hurting" philosophy- it really only made me feel kinda sick.

No comments: