About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Conversation with fear.

I was reading my daily OM this morning and it talked about Fear and that fear is there for a reason, it tells us that we are on the edge of our comfort level. And then it says something about conversing with fear for a greater understanding of the changes. Talk to the fear. I wonder what my fear looks like? I see her as a child. Me as a child. How would that conversation go?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hello Fear. We are going to take a walk.
Where are we going?
Someplace new.
Do we have to go?
Yes.
Why?
Because we can't stay here any longer. It's not safe here.
How do you know it's safe there where we are going?
I don't.
Well then why do we have to go?
Because I know that it's not safe here.
I can't.
We have to.
I don't want to.
You have to trust me.
Trust YOU? Why should we trust you? All of your best efforts have gotten us here. To this place that is not safe. Why should we trust you??
Because I am the lesser of the two evils.
What if we get lonely?
We probably will.
What if we need help?
We probably will.
What if we get our heart broken?
We might.
So give me a better reason why we have to go there?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=


She makes a compelling argument. My "inner child" has always been kind of a whiny little bitch.








1 comment:

SAbrat said...

I had to laugh when you said your Inner Child was always a little bitch. I see my child as that as well! She stomps around when she doesn't get her way and pouts at everything!

So glad to know that we brats are all alike! LOL

Hugs...Cindy