About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Don't you remember the day, that you went away and left me?

Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I have left, for you, behind.
Cause you don't belong to me.
Your heart belongs
to someone else.

Why should I keep loving you,
When I know that you're not true?
And why should I call your name
When you're to blame
For making me blue....

====

Freddy Fender died. My dad loved him. He used to sing this song, and "I'll be there before the next teardrop falls."- which still makes me cry whenever I hear it because I think it was his favorite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freddy Fender is definitely a great childhood memory for me as well. It must have been a dad thing back in the day. Smile
Good thoughts going out to you!

Mother Jones RN said...

I saw your post on my blog, and I thank you for your comments.

I listened to Freddy Fender when I was a kid. My dad bought some of his records and I remember him playing them A LOT. He'll be missed.

MJ