About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

beyond the body




Sometimes I absolutely abhor my body. I hate the way I have "let myself go" so to speak. It didn't happen over night- this is a body that is years in the making. I'm carrying baby weight- how old is my baby? ummmm.... 13.

The last time I was the size that I am now- I was carrying a child. And actually I'm a pound heavier. Some days I look at myself in the mirror and just think, what the hell happened to me? I used to be thin, I used to be pretty, and sexy and confident! Now- well.. I'm just fat.

But then I think, maybe I'm not the prettiest girl in every room, but I think I look ok. I am still sexy, and I am still confident. I show off my body- I talk about sex- I am not exactly a wallflower. I don't hide behind my keyboard anymore. I'm learning that not all men are interested in the shell.

I'm smart and I'm funny. I work. I support my family. I have good friends and I do my best to take care of my children and my husband.

I'm not JUST FAT.

I have a love hate relationship with my body and I admit that I'm afraid that losing weight will mean my ass and tits will lose their big and plumpness. But I'm not JUST FAT. I think for all the progress women have made, sometimes we still buy in to the idea that we have to be perfect all around- and who is perfect?

Who is this picture perfect woman who has a rockin' body, a great job with a good salary, perfect children and no emotional hang-up about her mother, can cook, clean and give blowjobs in between making finger sandwiches for her husbands poker parties and cutting out construction paper houses for her kids classroom. Who is this broad?

Cause we need to find her and kick her ass.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Amen, sister! I was totally nodding while reading this. I feel much the same way. We are beautiful, strong women and should focus on what we have going for us instead of beating ourselves up over what we wish we could be.

Check out this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYomJbEZG54

Who's That Girl? by Robyn

Good girls are pretty like all the time
I'm just pretty some of the time
Good girls are happy and satisfied
I won't stop asking until i die

I just can't deal with the rules
I can't take the pressure
It's got me saying oh yeah

Chorus
Who's that girl? That you dream of
Who's that girl? That you think you love
Who's that girl? What if i'm nothing like her
I know there's no such girl
I swear i can't take the pressure
Who's that girl?

Good girls don't say no or ask you why
I won't let you love me, until you really try (oh no)
Good girls are sexy like evry day
I'm only sexy when i say it's ok

I just can't deal with the rules
I can't take the pressure
It's got me saying oh yeah

Chorus
Who's that girl? That you dream of
Who's that girl? That you think you love
Who's that girl? What if i'm nothing like her
I know there's no such girl
I swear i can't take the pressure
Who's that girl?

Let's play a game that you never tried
You be the girl and i'll be the guy
Let's pretend everything has changed
and then would you love me any different

I just can't deal with the rules
I can't take the pressure (oh no)
Who's that girl?

Chorus x 2
Who's that girl? That you dream of
Who's that girl? That you think you love
Who's that girl? What if i'm nothing like her
I know there's no such girl
I swear i can't take the pressure
Who's that girl?
Who's that girl?

Old Bogus said...

Really throwing the "F" word around today. How obscene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhSG_Q8tKYY