About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Living with fear

A long time a go I wrote post about having a conversation with fear. You can find it here. This was 2 and a half years ago. Seems so long, but then not very long at all.

I wonder what my conversation with fear would look like today?


--
Hello Fear. I see you're back.

I never left. I just kept quiet.

Why?

Because you buried me with other things.

I did not. Look at all I've accomplished.

Yes you did. You got distracted and ignored me. But I was here. Me and Anger have been hanging out.

I thought Anger kicked your ass.

No, we're old friends. You COULD have just gotten rid of me. You could have talked to me. You could have faced me.

You don't listen to Reason.

That's the beauty of it. I don't HAVE to listen to Reason. Reason is a wimp.

Fuck you, I don't have to take your crap.

No, Julie. No you don't. You can move past me. You can face me, deal with me, and get rid of me.

I guess I just don't know how.

Well, then I guess I'll just hang around for a while. I seem to have rented a nice space up here in your mind. Thanks for the futon sofa and the big screen- it's comfy.

---

I sent an email to my former Al-Anon sponsor today. I'm not sure why... but just the act of reaching out seems like a step in the right direction.

No comments: