About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sunday thoughts...

15 weeks left of school. Graduation is May 28, two weeks later. I'm so there. I was just telling e-husband that I have had bad relationships last longer than 15 weeks!! I can totally do this. So far my classes look challenging and there will be a lot of work and writing involved, but nothing I can't handle. Shit, what is there that I can't handle these days??
--

I joined Weight Watchers and I lost 4.4 pounds my first week. I won't say much more about that.
--

After 7 trips to the Middle East, my bad ass motherfucker brother, Rick, has retired from the Marine Corps. There is a link in my side-bar regarding his last trip to Iraq, which he returned late 2006. Mr Gunny. 21 in years in the Marines. He's seen and experienced so much and I'm so proud of him.
--

Still potty training... getting closer. He has the peeing down pretty good, but he still isn't ready to poop in the potty, and if I pressure him, he gets constipated, so it works against me. Patience.... At least he usually waits till he is wearing a pull up... usually. grrrrr
--

Oh- last week the e-husband had the endoscopic ultrasound and the esophagogastroduodenoscopy , yeah say that three times fast. Bottom line, no cancer. He has some pancreatic stones that they can remove and that may reduce some of his pain, but nothing that will actually FIX anything. I think maybe he was hoping for cancer, so at least he had something to hang on to... I guess I cannot blame him. "Guess what Mr. E-husband, you aren't dying, you just get to stay sick and miserable for maybe another 40 years!!" yeah, it's a bitter sweet diagnosis.
--

Other than that, not much has changed. Life moves on, with me or without me.


No comments: