About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

TMI Tuesday

Super Tuesday no less. There is still so much I have to learn about this process- I didn't realize that not all states have a primary, so I feel even more priviledged to have been a part of todays voting. I voted this morning before I came to work, JUST so I could wear my sticker proudly. I voted for Obama, and I feel very good about that decision.

My son doesn't seem to care about how exciting this is, even though the last time I voted, I brought him with me because I wanted him to understand how important this is- he didn't care when he was 10, but hopefully he will be more interested come November. I will have to make a point to talk about it with him because apparently it's not happening at school.

So here's my TMI Tuesday!! If you can, vote today!!

1. By what nickname(s) were you known as a child?
I've always been known as Jewels.

2. Do you have a favorite poem and, if so, what is it? Recite it (or a snippet) here, please.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference



3. What is your greatest regret in life, something that you failed to do that you wish you did?
I wish I had taken better care of my teeth, gotten braces when I was working at the Wherehouse and it was covered well by the insurance I was offered.

4. You are tired and hungry, but it's too late to cook. If any snack food were available to you, what would you choose and why?
Cereal. I LOVE cereal. It's fast, filling, and YUMMY.

5. What is the oldest item of clothing (not jewelry!) that you wear regularly and what do you love about it?
I have a pair of black pants that are kind of nice looking that I've had for about 7 years and I still wear them alot. They still fit, they are the right length and they have not faded!!

Bonus (as in optional):Name a movie or TV show that changed your thinking or behavior.
RX for Survival made me decide to change my major to Public Health instead of Health Care Administration. It really opened my eyes and inspired me
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/rxforsurvival/series/video/index.html
This is the link and you can watch some of the individual stories.
I hope it inspires you too.

1 comment:

Osbasso said...

I don't do poetry, but I do recognize me some Robert Frost!

I'm in a state where we have caucuses today. Our primary is in June. By that time, all the variety is gone, and the rest of the states have figured out who to vote for. The system is totally fucked up. I'll be taking the road less traveled...

Like how I tied that together??