About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

The $125 dildo

I shipped something out Fed Ex on Friday. I sent a friend a dildo, I'm a good friend. She lives across country, and didn't have one. I make 20% commission on the ones I sell, and it was on sale, so I sent it. Overnight, Saturday delivery. I know that I used to send UPS via 2 day delivery and it used to cost me like $17. I figured it would cost about $25.

Today I checked my bank statement.

O M G.

Yeah, it cost me $81 to ship that mother fucker!! The damn dildo is only worth like $45. It's my own fault. I could have sent it two day delivery, or even ground- which is only like 4 days. but nooooo, I wanted to do it overnight. No big deal- how bad could it be right??

yeah wrong.

I am laughing though, because that shit only happens to me. I mean, what a boneheaded move. I guess I have to be grateful that while $80 is a dent, it's not my last $80 and at leaner times, if easily could have been!!

It's a good thing that I MADE $75 in my sex toy sales last month, so you know, it's kind of a wash, I guess.

I emailed me friend, telling her about the cost of the shipping- I probably should not have cause I don't want to make her feel bad. It's my own fault, I know that. I'm a douchebag. Never put your credit card number on anything without checking the price.

Looo-ser!!!

2 comments:

Blissfully Wed said...

OMG!!! $81? Really? There has to be a mistake. I'd call them. There is no way it should cost that much to send so small.

naughty endevours said...

Bless your heart!! A good dead never goes unpunished! I'm glad it didn't strap ya!

And yes, you are a good friend!