About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Why can't I write this paper?

I got a wild hair today, so instead of writing my 10 page sexual harassment paper- I put up my Christmas tree. It's a fake tree so it can be up as long as I want it to. I assembled it on the kids patio, and then could not get it thru slider without moving half the kids room. So I heave-ho'ed it over the gate and then retrieved it outside, dragging it thru the front door.

What I could not do, is find the RIGHT Christmas Tree stand. We have two of them. The one that I could find, was the wrong one. The supports are too skinny- and so is the base of my fake tree. I tried to thicken it up, but that didn't help. So the tree is up, but it's sort of LEANING in the wall. I called my ex and he reminded me that we bought another stand. Where it IS?- that is a different story. I know it's here- I think I have seen it recently. I'm sure it's in plain sight, but I can't see it because it's been sitting in front of me for so long. So now I have the leaning Christmas tree- no lights, no decorations. But it's up- well, it's in the house.

Last year we did not put it up because we were depressed, broke and not in the mood. This year, damn it- I want Christmas. Still broke, a little depressed- but I'm not going to skip it this year. This year is going to be different. And it starts with me, putting up my 8 foot Christmas tree on my own. My estranged husband is staying with us next weekend for my youngest beastie's birthday. (Jaws- I totally stole that term!!!) So e-husband will decorate with us and I will keep the tree up until after my oldest beastie goes back to his dad in January. The beastie boys (I totally worked that in) will enjoy the Christmas tree as long as they want to. It's a fake tree. I can hang hearts on it and make it a Valentine's Day tree. Hang plastic eggs for easter.

Well, I COULD.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hey Whore! :) All these years working in a "professional office environment" (yeah right) with you and who knew you could write?? Like, I mean, really write... This aint no business letter, that's for sure. Needless to say, I dig your blogs, your perspective, your huge balls, etc. :) Keep it up girl. I'll be reading. Love ya, Kim