About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

always sunny.... in a rich mans world

So I have been not so good with posting every day here.  I don't know why, I guess I just don't have too much to say.  I mean, seriously can I bitch incessantly about my husband, ever day?

Well, of course I CAN-
but I'm not gonna cause if I bore myself, I suspect you all must be clicking away like I had posted the Gen Simmons sex tape.

Hey, not that he's not allowed to fuck, but like- I don't wanna see it. Really, that's sayin a lot.

My classes start again tomorrow.  Statistics, something miserable like that.  I hope it will be engaging and such and not bore me to tears like my LAST stats class did.  I guess I should be really interested in it, considered data analysis and all that is my job.  

Speaking of jobs... I really need to figure out what I want to do about mine.  Now I do love my job.  I've said that before.  My boss is a little overbearing and controlling, but you know- she's like 9 kinds of awesome really- and if I stepped up my game she wouldn't have to get on my case.  The problem is that I just don't make enough money.  

Now I know that in this economy I should be grateful to just have a job.  Believe me, I AM.  I am SOOO happy to JUST have a job.  There are a lot of people who have recently lost thiers.  I am also terrified of change.  My big fears about finding a new job are that I will HATE the new job, or they will hate me.  My job searches have all been out of necessity.

One would argue that supplementing my families income with student loans constitutes necessity for a better paying job.  I know this.  I will have close to $80K in student loans when I'm done with grad school.  This 80K will have supplemented my income over the span of 6 years, give or take.  Even with that extra 13K a year, roughly, it's still been tight.  I am lucky that I am not without help when I needed it. I have a relatively ideal system when it comes to day care.  "Relatively" because my parents helps a lot and I pay them a little- and the highest cost is having my parents tell me how to be a parent- and you know that always goes over like a big shit sandwhich.

I do keep my eyes open for better paying jobs.  I just don't look actively.  It's a taxing process and right now I don't WANT to invest the time in something that scares me so much.  Somedays I think my life is stressful enough without borrowing trouble, you know?

So anyway.  Here's hoping this year will be a good year for sex toy sales.  If Mike get healthier, maybe I can get a weekend job.  Stop groaning.  I like to work those second weekend job things cause usually they are at a less suckable place, the shifts are short and it doesn't make me feel bad to quit when I have to.  

Maybe I'll go apply at A Touch of Romance.  

You know what's funny- is that my husband actually complains when I talk about getting a second job.  He, unable to work, bitches when I talk about working more to make more money so that you know... I can knock out the rent.

ohh... don't get me started.

1 comment:

Tequila and Tampons said...

HA - me too on the job thing. I've been there for 16yrs but would really like to be doing something else. I'm a puss tho - and now it seems just stupid to switch in this economy.
Excuses, excuses, lol.