About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Does this treadmill make my ass look big??

I've been going to the gym for a month or so now. I know that I'm supposed to go 5 times a week. I think I average about 4 times a week. I go for two days and take a day off. That seems to be my pattern and it works out just fine for me.

After 5 weeks, I am very close to 30 minutes of non-resistance cardio. The eliptical or stairmaster is still hard for me but the treadmill or the bike on a lower level is enough to get my heart rate going. Cardiacwise, I'm really unfit. Always have been. I'm not trying to crash diet or work out like a mad woman. I know me well enough to know that I won't keep THAT nonsense up. However, I'm slowly losing pounds and inches. SLOWLY... that's ok though.

I don't love working out. Not at all. I can't imagine ever getting to the point where I just can't wait to get to the gym. My head doesn't work that way. I do it cause I realize that my ass has reached epic proportions. I don't ever expect to get back down to my wedding size. That was too big for my liking, however at this point I would love to be THAT kind of fat.

No comments: