About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day

I've yet to find a better song that this, that will cheer me up, make me dance and really reiterate the whole feminine power thing.



And while the lyrics are not deep or anything- it feels good to sing it outloud, and know that to someone: it's true.

I have talked a lot about my struggles with motherhood.  It was a true honest moment between my mom and I when she admitted that motherhood did not come easy for her.  I am much the same- I often approach in a way that is more logical than loving.  My maternal instinct hides beneath the surface.  I'm not the warm and fuzzy kind, but I try to be understanding and open.  

Somedays I wake up and wonder, where am I, and where did all these kids come from??  

I do the best that I can, which some days is just enough to get them clothed, fed and housed.  Hopefully that is what they will remember.  That I did the best I could and know that I love them.



January 2004 the first pic taken of my 4 kids.  

No comments: