About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, January 06, 2006

My last day.....

Yesterday at work, the office had cake and ice cream for me. The cake said "Bon Voyage Julie". I was so suprised!!! Tonight some people and I are going out to dinner/drinks (lots of them) and I knew that. I was not expecting a cake, and everyone around me- smiling and they clapped for me. Someone said for me to 'say something'- but I couldn't. I almost started to cry just walking in the room and seeing everyone smiling at me. I made a funny comment about being able to sleep in. Then I cut the cake and served it, which is funny, and typical- but I probably would not have had it any other way.
Damn, they could not have made me feel any more supported about leaving. I am starting to feel better about it now. My hesitation has come from my own insecurity regarding my ability to do good work. But all week, people have been telling me how much I will be missed. That it won't be the same, that they will never find an equal replacement. And all that encouragement, makes me feel better about leaving. I feel like all these people are behind me- wishing me well, and believing that I can make a difference somewhere else. I'm so grateful for that.
Time to move on
Time to step out of my comfort zone
Time to prove
to myself
that I really HAVE grown

The changes start today.

No comments: