About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

unscenic views

This morning the sun looked HUGE. Actually I thought it was the sun, but then when I went back to take another picture 10 minutes later- it seemed to have moved down, so I thought it was the moon, and not the sun. Now I'm not so sure. But either way, it was so big it looked like you could just drive a few hours and be right there to touch it.



The picture looks like it's still dark out, but it was almost 7AM at this point. I am learning to adjust the lighting on my camera so less light is absorbed in a bright setting. It was a very bright and glaring sun/moon, but I was able to darken the picture to get the lit object. I was proud of myself on that one.

I wish I had really good things to take pictures of, but I realize that I just don't live in a 'pretty' neighborhood. For all the awesomeness of Sunny California- I just don't reside in the aesthetically pleasing parts. There's no gardens, no areas of trees, no mountains, no water. At least not in the small circle of my world. Maybe I just need to leave the house more often, or go in search of things to photograph. I know there is beauty out there- I'm dying to see it.

1 comment:

Tammie Jean said...

There's beauty everywhere if you look hard enough. Sometimes I take pictures of very ordinary things, to see if maybe I can see them in a different light. But it's fun, too, to leave the house or your neighborhood and go out hunting for inspiration somewhere else.