About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

it's when I stop caring that you need to worry....

I have these 4 stones on my desk. They are these flat shiny rocks that say Hope, Faith, Serenity, and Peace. There was one that says Courage.
Ironic that I lost that one.


I saw Revolutionary Road last night. I loved it. It was not what I expected, and I think that's simply because I don't research or pay too much attention to previews. I see Kate and Leo and I'm in.

What I found interesting is a dynamic that I thought only happened in my house. The extreme highs and lows that happen in a matter of days. Or at least what LOOK like extreme highs and lows. One evening, screaming and cursing and saying the most hateful hurtful things. The next morning- having breakfast as if it just didn't happen.

It doesn't make anything ok. Sometimes that's just how it is. Sometimes you just have to move away from the ugly place and get on with your day. Just because you are playing nice the next morning, doesn't mean that the things you said WEREN'T said.

Oh they were. I said it, you said it.
And we meant every word of it.

but here it is, 7AM. Would you like some coffee?

No comments: