About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, October 21, 2005

enought is never enough

I find myself again frustrated and angry over unacceptable behavior from Michael. I SAY it's unacceptable, but yet here I am, accepting it. What is the alternative? I tell him to leave, divorce him. I suffer just as much. Nothing is so easy that a divorce will fix all the problems. Maybe I'm some sort of a masochist, that I just can't live without the pain.
Yesterday Alex was explaining to me that his friend chases his and tackles him down. This friend got in trouble for punching a girl yesterday. Alex was also brought to the principles office because they thought that he saw what happened. I asked Alex why he wanted to be friends with someone who was chasing him and tackling him. Why do you want to associate with people who behave in such unacceptable ways? He asked me if I wanted him to stop being friends with him?- I told him that he can make his own decisions, but he should think about it- if these are really the people you want to call your friends. As I was saying it, I realized what I fraud I am. How can I set a good example and teach him that you should be treated better- that unacceptable behavior is just that, and that we have rights to set boundaries and tell people, no, you can't treat me that way- when I barely do any of those things??
I looked in my ODAT book under frustration, anger, boundaries...nothing seems to bring any calm to my mind. So I can turn my thoughts to my Higher Power today, and let my feelings go- cause I don't know what to do about them.

No comments: