About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, October 07, 2005

something nice for me

I had a good day today. I treated myself to some new Cookie Lee jewelry. I don't usually spend alot of money on things for myself, especially something frivolous like jewelry- but I think that I deserve to do something nice for myself.
I went to my meeting on Thursday night, but it was not a good meeting. I am thinking that the Thursday night meeting is not for me. I don't really feel at home there anymore and I don't feel like I relate to the people there. The last two or three meetings there I have felt unsettled. It's one of the week day meetings that I can get to- but I am sure I can find a different Thursday meeting. On Sunday I went to a brand new meeting in Los Alamitos and I liked it. I'm not afraid to go to new meetings anymore. I'm not afraid to meet new people.
After the meeting I stayed and chatted with some of the ladies and the congratulated me for getting into service. I feel like being of service makes me belong there. Even after last weekend, I know that I still belong in this program. They will not kick me out for making a mistake, or doing what I feel is best for me. The one lady I was talking to said that there are no mistakes if you truly feel like you are doing what you need to do at the time. I don't know if I believe that, exactly, but I was glad that she said it.
I should find out about the job interview on Monday. I have to simply give it to God and not fret over it. It's out of my hands now. The lady has had the interview with the other applicant already, so she will simply make up her mind and I will either be her choice or not her choice. IT would be such a good position and really a way for me to be of service in my job. Doing something that means something- imagine it!!! I'd like to be excited about going to work every day and being a part of something. I hope that working my program and trying to live right will mean good things for me.
I heard an AA speaker say pray like it all depends on God and work like it all depends on you. I have to let God pave my way and trust that the decision will be the right one for me for now.

No comments: