About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

no pie...

Today I sent Michael a text message and asked him to save me a piece of pie. There was a half a chocolate satin pie left, as we finished the key lime pie yesterday. So after class he tells me that we need some things at the grocery store- soda, juice, dish soap- oh and can you pick up another pie?
WHAT!!! Apparently he did not save me a piece of pie, and now wants ME to go get another one. Why?- so I can have one or two pieces and he can polish off the rest before I get home from work tomorrow??? Uh, no. I'm mad about the pie. Why couldn't he save me a piece??? It's not as if there was just one piece left and I asked for it- there was half a pie when we went to bed last night. I drives me crazy that he does not think of me like that. It's as if everything in this house is for HIM- and the rest of us get what HE decides to leave for us. It pisses me off. I paid for the freakin pie, I ASKED him this morning to save me a piece. Why wouldn't he just think to save me the last piece if he's had two already. Doesn't it occur to him?? I would not eat the last piece unless it was intended for me to begin with. Selfish selfish selfish.....
I guess no matter how well we get along, he still can be really self involved and only thinking of himself.
I know it's not really THAT important, God knows I don't NEED more pie- but it bothers me. It's what it represents. It makes me resentful and now I don't want to buy another one- cause he's going to just eat it, and if he eats ONE more piece than I get, I will be pissed. Is this my fault?? I mean, I'm so frustrated- should I BE this angry that I now have resentments over pie???
So the opposite action of resentment is forgiveness- ugh. I am pissed, how am I supposed to forgive if I'm mad??
Gratitude list:
-The pies are onlt $5.99 and I will be getting one this weekend for my brothers party, so I can have a slice then, cause he won't be GOING to my brothers party.
-I got a new computer at work, which is faster than the one I had before. And the guy who set up my computer is kinda cute so that was nice to talk with him.
-Tomorrow is payday so my check will get deposited tonight, before the check for my ticket clears, phew, close one- too close.
-I was able to mail a check to my babysitter today. I am so grateful that she works with me, and allows me to write her a check once a month. The kids like her and I am so comfortable with her caring for the boys.
-I got two new Avon customers this week. The extra sales will help me put food in the house next month.
-Gabriel was happy to see me when I got home, and Danny was still awake so I got to give him kisses before he fell asleep. I think the first social thing that babies learn is how to give (or at least) accept kisses from thier mommies.
Yeah, I'm bothered about the pie- but in the grand scheme of things, it's not the most important thing to remember about today... "How important is it?" We have been getting along so well, I hope I can keep my focus on what's really important and what is ultimately, just a piece of pie.

No comments: