About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, January 04, 2008

it's not funny anymore

I'll admit it. I feel bad for Britney. I feel really sad for her situation because she is clearly in a lot of trouble. She's irresponsible and erratic and now she's a danger to herself and her kids. She's addicted to whatever she's using and it's got her hard. Whatever her drug of choice is, it's got her around the throat and my heart goes out to her because it's a hard and ugly road through recovery even for a celebrity.

E-husband said "She knows better!" but really, I don't think she does. Not right now. I think all she knows right now is probably how to get from one high to the next and struggling to manage the in-between times. She's sick and struggling and it just isn't funny anymore. She's young, and she's a mom. Unfortunately her bottom may be a bit farther down than the events we've seen today, but nobody can rush her there and really nobody can force her to get better in anyone's time but her own. Unfortunately as long as you have more to lose, it can always get worse and I hope that it doesn't. I hold out my best hopes for her recovery along with anyone else who is struggling from the awful disease. She's talented and she's got those boys that need her. Even if she never sings another song, she will always be those boys' mommy and that is the most important thing. I personally think it's time we leave her and her family alone, it's just not entertainment anymore.

1 comment:

Lori M said...

Hear, hear! I feel terrible for her. People can say what they want about her bringing it on herself as a celebrity gone wild, but she's in really bad shape and now it's just terribly sad. I wish they would leave her alone. She needs to get OUT of the limelight however she can.