About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

observations from my vacation

I've been off work for 8 days. Usually on the weekends, by Saturday I am ready to go back to work. The kids usually wear me out and frustrate me fast. Maybe it's the e-husband that bothers me and it's the mix. The last 9 days have actually been more pleasant than not and I think it's because the e-husband has not been here, I have not had to go to work, and I have not had any homework to do. Yes, isn't that brilliant- my life is quite simple when all I have to do is care for my children.

  • Last night I put on my ipod and did the dishes since Alex is at his dad's.
Shoop by Salt-n-Pepa.
Whatcha gonna do with a cowboy by Chris LeDeDoux
Mama knows the highway by heart by Hal Ketchum
Past the Point of Rescue by Hal Ketchum

Holy Crap. The dishes are done. Does it really only take 15 minutes to do the dishes by hand??? If I make sure the dishes are rinsed, washing them is a snap. I don't even NEED a dishwasher really.

  • I don't like making my bed, but I sure like having it made when I walk into my room. I don't have a fancy bed, just two blankets and a fitted sheet, so all I have to do is pull up the blankets and pile my pillows, it takes two minutes.

  • The boys are old enough to sort out their toys into different buckets and they actually enjoy having them separate so they can play with a whole lot of animals at once.

  • Alex is lazy and needs to be forced to get some exercise, I have to remember to kick him out of the house once in a while, it's a good idea to 'forget something' at the store, so he can ride his bike to get it for me.

  • Daniel likes puzzles and for the most part will play on his own if you set him up with something. Gabriel requires more attention and likes doing things WITH me, like board games and go fish.

  • Playdough will keep them occupied for a good hour if I sit with them and make things. Tip: be able to make TWO of everything and the boys don't care if it actually LOOKS like what it's supposed to.

No comments: