About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Only in the morning

I had to take this picture off of my desktop.















It's been on my desktop for about a month now, and I have been having dreams about Brad Pitt. Several nights now I have woken up feeling a sense of loss that I don't really know Brad, who I am apparently very close to in my dreams.

In my first dream, we were a bit of an item, although there was no sex in my dream. Just me, bragging about how fantastic it was. There were others, all with him in them, he and I hanging out, being friends, talking, laughing, shooting pool. Yes, I was shooting pool in my dreams with Brad Pitt. We would lay around in my bedroom eating and drinking coffee. Nothing sexual (other than the first dream when I simply talked about it), just me and Brad, hanging out. He was my best friend, Brad, we shared all sorts of private 'best friend' things. He liked chocolate cupcakes and computers and was learning HTML for fun.

Last night, we were in my room. Hanging out in my bedroom- just chillin' and listening to music. Me and Brad. He was talking about his kids, and Angie (yes, he called her Angie in my dream) and how amazing she was and how much I would like her when I finally meet her. We were friends. Me and Brad. Friends. I woke up this morning, feeling almost sad that I WASN'T friends with him because I was clearly so happy having such a good and close friend in Brad.

But this has to stop. I logged into my computer this morning, and saw his picture on my desktop. I replaced his picture with a picture of Danny. I had to.

I don't KNOW Brad. Chances are, I will never MEET BRAD. Even if I did, the chances of him ever hanging out on my bed drinking coffee and talking about his babies are about the same as.... well- him hanging out with me at all. So while I appreciate dreaming about Brad, and having him hang out and spend time with me several nights this month, it has to stop because I wake up and feel sad that it was just a dream.

A girl can only take so much heartache.

1 comment:

Tammie Jean said...

Aw... It sounds like he's cool to hang out with. I'd be sad too when I woke up...