About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Good morning, yesterday

I am working on a slideshow for my brothers upcoming wedding so I got a ton of pictures from my mom. I found some of these and I think they are pretty cool so I thought I'd share them.


My dad. I guess he was somewhere in his 20's here. He died when I was 9. He was 48. What a pimp huh??



My mom. Age 19. On top of a Ford Fairlane. She was still new to America. She hated it when she first got here. She left a whole life behind her in Holland. Sometimes I wonder if she is still bitter for having to leave.


My mom again. Age 27. I think this may have been the year before I was born.


My dad. One of the family vacations. Daddy was short, bald. Yeah- I got issues.


This is the only family photo like this that we ever took. I always loved it. Look how cute I am.



That dress was my favorite. I only got to wear it for special occasions, and there were never enough occasions to wear it. The white trim had read hearts, and the red had white hearts. I can still see it in my mind.



This was after my step dads funeral in January 1993. Man, I was thin- my mouth looks HUGE!!! And yes, the same fucking hair.


My grandparents 50's wedding anniversary in December of 1995. Is Rick wearing a sparkly suit?? The next pimp of the family. My Opa looks so handsome.


One of my all time favorite pictures. Me, Lori and Ris. We think this was 1977.


This is my favorite. Me and Pam. 1974.



Yes, our house was dark green with a gravel driveway until somewhere in the 80's I guess. It was later, and is now- tan with some decent landscaping and a new family in it- but our names and handprints are still engraved in the driveway.

Good morning, yesterday
You wake up and time has slipped away
And suddenly it's hard to find
The memories you left behind
Remember, do you remember

The laughter and the tears
The shadows of misty yesteryears
The good times and the bad you've seen
And all the others in between
Remember, do you remember
The times of your life

Reach back for the joy and the sorrow
Put them away in your mind
The mem'ries are time that you borrow
To spend when you get to tomorrow

Here comes the saddest part
The seasons are passing one by one
So gather moments while you may
Collect the dreams you dream today
Remember, will you remember
The times of your life

Gather moments while you may
Collect the dreams you dream today
Remember, will you remember
The times of your life

1 comment:

Blissfully Wed said...

Beautiful shots. Thanks for sharing them.