About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Last twenty dollars

Not the last twenty forever, just until Wednesday. Ok Thursday. Technically Tuesday cause I can then go to the grocery store and write a check that won't clear until... Thursday. I have gas in my car, and there's sorta food in the house.
Sorta, cause it's all food that needs to be MADE, not like grab and go. This morning I need to buy some bread and some creamer. Maybe I will get the cheaper mocha mix, since we have sugar here. Maybe some waffles. Make that last $20 count.
I can adapt, it's just a few days. I really just need to be sure that the kids have food to eat on Monday- since they will be at my mom's on Tuesday anyway. It's just the way it is sometimes.

The kids don't go hungry. I will go hungry, I don't care about that.
Michael doesn't go hungry. He SHOULD, he just doesn't. I made all three meals for the family yesterday, in attempts to control how much food got eaten. However, after each meal- he would go and eat more. Last night I made meatballs and some noodles for us. He ate the whole thing, didn't really ask if I wanted any. Then a sandwich (less than a half a loaf of bread left!) and the last chicken breast, which was huge and could have fed two people really.
Um, hi. I had a cheeseburger and peanut butter sandwich yesterday. All day- that's what I ate.
Ummmm hello???
Somewhere in the middle of the night, he also ate the last of the eggs.

SERIOUSLY DUDE.

So this morning, there's no eggs, no bread, and no chicken. Wow- there was all of what could have fed the boys all day today.
Selfish.
Self centered.
Douchebaggery.

No comments: