About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

take me back

I am back on my meds. Lexapro, 10 mg daily. It's not a huge dose but it's enough to quiet the crazy in me. Unfortunately I having been off of it for a month, it takes a week or so to settle back into my system so it tends to make me hyper for about 4 hours after I take it. Jumpy and ironically, anxious- and then at night I sort of crash. This lasts a week or so, but right now it's kind of a bitch.

4 weeks ago today I was in New York. I can't get that out of my system. I can still feel the energy in the air and the hear the sounds of the street. The click click of the girls in high heels and the stale smell of cigarette smoke and Italian food from the pizza place on almost every corner.

I can still hear the subway cars coming and the feel the wind pushing through the platform. I can still taste that damn Magnolia Cupcake. Fuck that was good.

No comments: