About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

The 20 Year reunion- or I think I'm too old for this!!

So I went to the reunion on Friday night. All decked out in my hot black dress. Oh, Ok- so here's the rundown on my outfit

Dress: $29
Shoes $20
Bra: $51 (I bought two)
Spanx $28

Yeah, Spanx are some fucking evil magic. Evil because it took me several minutes to put those fuckers on. I was breaking a sweat just getting them over my ass so the crotch wasn't at my knees. Magic, because once I had them on, damn... I swear about 4-5 inches around just disappeared. Bam- just like that!!

So I showed up, cleavage in full swing. I twitter my cleavage to my friends who promptly encouraged me to 'go get em'. That's the thing about twitter, they are my people. I arrived and went up to see some friends who were staying in the hotel. I was greeted with big smiles, open arms, and a drink. Hells yes!!

Another friend arrived so I left the room and went downstairs to meet her, ran into a guy from HS who I crushed on and tongue kissed at graduation. Yeah... I did that. Jim Rupe. I fucking rule. I didn't tongue kiss him there- but I hugged him damn tight because I've been myspace and facebook friends with him for quite some time now, a few years I guess.

Getting upstairs, I admit I was a bit overwhelmed. First off, the had to write my maiden name on my name tag. Jeez, thanks. After misspelling it once... no shit, I said, "Really, that was two husbands ago!"

SO many faces and SO many people. A lot of faces I knew and I hugged almost everyone I was able to. Also a lot of people I didn't know. I laughed with a lot of people about the question, what if you see someone and you realize you DIDN'T know them? Do you keep moving? Introduce yourself?

One girl knew me- man did she know me. I knew her name. But holy fuck I could not remember if we were friends. Based on how excited she was to see me, either we were really good friends- or she was REALLY drunk. Regardless, her excitement made me hug her and talk to her as if I knew her. I'm always excited when people are excited over me. Obviously.

What I loved the most, is that I truly feel like the bullshit is over. People I didn't know, or who I thought didn't like me, or who I maybe wasn't very fond of (because I thought they didn't like me) smiled, names were yelled. There was a lot of screaming. Very tight hugs. It felt fucking great.

The music was almost all 80's and my god it was fucking loud! My throat was sore from the screaming, but the Captain Morgan's helped with that. Often we would stand outside of the ballroom so we could talk without screaming. A few guys and I laughed about how maybe we're just too old for music THIS loud.

A lot of people also said, "I LOVE your facebook updates" or "I LOVE your bl0g- you are so awesome." My response was mostly, "really?" and that's because alot of you bitches don't ever say anything. You know- throw me a comment now and again. My ego doesn't work if you don't stroke it. (insert dirty joke here)

I drank, a lot. I danced a little. Many pictures. A lot of catching up. It was a great night and I hope that some friendships were renewed. My 9th grade boyfriend was there. We joked about how we made out in 9th grade. He had the cool Swatch Watches, and how I cut my lip on his braces on our first kiss. People asked about Mike, and I think I did my best to send his best and explain his health without going on and on about it in a way he would have hated. I laughed with the single guys about how they get to bang younger girls- and how I'd probably do the same if I was single again. You know, the bang younger girls part. What the fuck, right?

Oh there were a lot of stories, a lot of fun things happened, and I can't share them all because it wasn't just MY reunion. If you are reading this, and you have a story to tell, damn, tell it!!
--

I left around 1:30. I swore that I was good enough to drive home. I really thought I was. Once I got HOME I was no longer good enough to drive!! Bad Julie. I'm not making light of it.
Ok, well, maybe I am- but I shouldn't, because I admit it was stupid. I didn't HAVE to drive home. I could have crashed there. I should have done that.

When I woke up the next morning, you'd think that I got more than just drunk, lemme tell you. I woke up in the morning, naked... with a trail from the door to the bedroom. shoes, purse, dress, bra, nylons... All strewn about like I had a 24 year old with me or something. I remember when I got home, I had to pee- so I guess that is what that was all about and I think I was too drunk to get dressed again. When I woke up, my contacts were stuck to my eyes and my eye make up was down my cheek. I look like I got sad clowned.

I was still drunk until about 4AM, and hung over ALL FUCKING DAY. Oh it was a sad state of affairs, but I was glad that many many people were also suffering from the hangover down memory lane. I ran errands, sipped some coffee... and slept. A LOT.

Yeah, I'm too old to drink THAT much. I just can't power down Captain and Coke, and a shot of tequila (thanks Tiffany!) and expect NOT to be begging to throw up later. While I was laying on the bathroom floor, I considered never drinking again.

OK, well I won't get crazy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for faming me on your blog love, I feel special!

Jim Rupe

Vixen said...

This was the best recap EVER!

I was thinking about this the other day.... How can it be that you are older than me and graduated before me?! I seriously thought you were *younger* than I was....???? Huh. You hot thing you!