About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ritalin- Day 3

I gave Daniel his pill today after lunch. I put the pill in his mouth and gave him some water, he seems to have the concept down of swallowing it without chewing.

He played at the computer for a few hours with no fuss. Didn't complain about a headache or stomach ache or anything. He was pretty quiet and was able to stop playing the game to go to the bathroom, or have some water. It was all pretty simple.

Around 4, he fell asleep on his bed for about 45 minutes and at 5 he had that melt down I mentioned. He ate dinner, something new, with much LESS fuss than usual.

In the evening he seemed back to his old self and got in trouble before bed.

Things I've noticed:
He is less talkative.
He is a little moody.
So far no problems eating. (He takes his pill after meals)
No problems sleeping

Tomorrow we will put him on two pills a day and see how that goes.


No comments: