About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bring it on, Academia!

Like most parents across the country, I am pretty happy this time of year. A sigh of relief is waiting for me just on the other side.

Tomorrow is the first day of school.

Finally. The kids will be back to a regular schedule, gone for most of the day- learning, running around. Recess. Lunch at school.

It's so hella expensive during the summer. Entertaining them, and feeding three kids, three meals a day is emotionally taxing. Usually my kids eat breakfast at my moms and lunch at school. I save a lot of my food bill. This summer practically killed me.

So tomorrow Daniel starts kindergerten, Gabriel starts 1st grade and Alex is going high school. Not the high school that I went to, sadly, but the one that my sibs went to. It wasn't a rival high school really. It's weird that he's going to high school. It means that in more years, he's done with high school and he'll be driving and going to college, and damn I still have a hard time getting that kid to remember to wash his hands after he goes to the bathroom. Surely he's not ready to go to college right??




No comments: