About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Ritalin- Day 2

It's day two and Daniel took his pill just fine as I was told.

He got it today late, as Mike who called me at 7AM to ask about them, promptly forgot to give them to him. So Daniel took his pill at 3PM. No matter these first few days.

He complained of a little stomach ache, but he ate dinner with no problem. He was kind of tired. He seemed quieter, but it could have been the time of day. He simply seemed tired and a little bit moody, that equals quiet.

At 7:30, almost like a switch, he 'woke up'. He was running and playing and being silly. Being Danny. Interesting that it was 4 1/2 hours after he took his pill. He will have some side effects for a week or so... but at least we know they only last 4.5 hours at a time.

I was having coffee with a dear friend of mine last night and I was telling her that while I know this will help Danny, and it will help the whole family, I'm a little sad. While sometimes it's frustrating- I just hope that these meds don't take away the essence that is that sweet little baby. Danny is particularly special to me, and his charming funny personality brightens my day more than anything else. I don't want to take that away. I hope that this doesn't.

No comments: