About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, February 24, 2006

I remember you...

I love 80's hairband rock music. I admit it. It's cheesy and void of good lyrics. But I love it. Perhaps it's the memories of me in 9th grade, watching Tawny Kattain rolling around on that Whitesnake car, and wishing I had a white dress like that (and trying SO hard to do center splits)- or listening to Poison's "Talk Dirty To Me." and wondering if anyone ever would... But hearing it now always makes me smile and remember when I wanted to be one of those slutty strippers from Motley Crue''s "Girls Girls Girls" video.

I used to have a pink denim skirt that had zippers on both sides. One zip from either zipper and the whole thing fell to the floor. It was a handy tool, but man, slut-ty!! (And they were popular, alot of girls used to wear them, at least the slutty ones) I used to wear this with layered tak tops, or maybe a half top, and then ruffled socks and hot pink heels that matched the skirt. I wore this to school!!! What a floozy.

Now that my wardrobe has classed up a bit, I admit I still like the music.
Maybe it's the memories that it represents.
Back when I was young, and sexy...

...and could do center splits.

2 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

If it makes you feel any better, I too am a product of the 80's. I am always listening to the "Hair Nation" channel on my Sirius Sattelite radio.

I had parachute pants, a perm, thin ties, the whiole nine yards in high school. I loved that whole scene, still love the music so, don't feel bad! You're not the only one!

Love the skirt by the way, he he!! Too kool!

April said...

oh, LOVE 80s music.

*sigh*