About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

If you're not married to her, why is she trying to kill you??

My son is watching TV in the room with me. "Fairly Odd Parents"- and I just heard someone say that. It made me laugh outloud. Even as kids, you learn that your wife will eventually want to kill you.

Michael is sick again today. Sick- or just sick in the head. If he has anything, it's the cold that we all had- but that is hardly a reason to sleep 18 hours a day. He is not taking his medication, that is what is wrong with him. He was up for about three days, started a few projects that he didn't complete and how he's back to bed.... ugh. Well, I will attempt to shove some Wellbutrin down his throat and maybe he will be human again soon. One day at a time.... Take it easy... Keep it simple...

Today is his mom's birthday- tomorrow we are supposed to go over there. I have no idea if we will. His dad called this morning and I told him that the plan was that we were going to- and he asked me to have Michael call his mom in 15 minutes. That was 40 minutes ago. He's such a bastard sometimes. But it's just not my problem. I cannot make excuses for him, and I won't even bother. It's not my mother. I always wonder if I should call and wish her a happy birthday, or if it will be too obvious that he's HASN'T called yet. I don't think I will go without him tomorrow- I hardly want to explain it to them. Besides, this type of thing comes as no suprise to anyone...
I started cleaning house as soon as I got out of bed today. It pisses me off that I have to do the dishes when I have not cooked or eaten more than two meals in this house in the past week and every dish, glass and peice of silverware is dirty. But I will be pleased when it's done and that will have to be enough. I paid Alex $10 to help me with the house cleaning. The dishes are a little more than 1/2 done, the boys bedroom is cleaned, the living room is clean and vaccuumed. It was the best $10 I've spent all week. Today I'm driving Alex to his dad's and having lunch with a dear friend of mine who I never see enough. I can't wait. Gabe is going to my mom's and Danny will be napping around that time here at home with Michael- so his effort level is minimal and I have very little to worry about. I can relax and take it easy and have a good day.

It's about freakin time.

No comments: