About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

What I love about cowboys








Last night my sister and I went out to country bar. I have not been to a club in I don't know HOW long. The last time I can remember was my 30's birthday. Oh, over the summer for my cousin's bachelorette party. I remember now. Ok- well anyway- I have not been to a country bar in at least 6 or 7 years. Since before I got married.
But we went last night, just to get out of the house, have a few drinks and do a little dancing. Immediately walking in, I remembered how much I love cowboys. I just love watching the guys get out there and dance. And I just love the whole Cowboy Hat and boots- thing. In another life, my sister and I used to go dancing a few times a week, make alot of noise, kiss alot of cowboys, dance dance dance. The club we went to had it's fair share of the 20-something hoochies in thier teeny tiny tops and all that, but it seemed to be a bit of an older crowd so I didn't feel so out of place. We didn't even stay that long, but we had a blast. Did a little dancing and had a drink and really enjoyed the music and the atmosphere. I left wondering why it had been 7 years since I have been out like this and hoping that it's not another 7 before we do it again.

I came home and fell asleep on the couch, when I woke up- I was burning up and freezing. I had a high fever and I was shaking. I have no idea what I have. I have no other symptoms other than a fever. I went to bed aching, freezing, shaking so much my teeth were chattering. I climbed into bed and commented that I was so cold and that I have a fever. The response I got was a very snippy, "yeah, that's going around." and he just let me lay there, freezing my ass off (until my electric blanket kicked in). Now just a few days back, he came to bed, really cold- and I let him crawl under my blanket, and I got real close to him to help him warm up. I do this often. He gets cold alot. And I was pretty mad that he didn't offer me the same courtesy. What the hell? When your partner climbs into bed and she sick and FREEZING, why would you not help her get warm? Sometimes he's just a hateful hateful man. I don't know why I would expect anything different from him.

A Good Cowboy would have climbed next to me and warmed me up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but would he have his boots on or off? Glad you had a good time. You should get out more often!

Scott M. Frey said...

glad ya got out and had fun girl, sounds like ya needed it. Sorry ya got sick, I sure hope ya feel better.... Prolly would've been nice of him to get ya warmed up n feelin better.... :-(

peace